Following a customer enquiry an arrangement will normally be made for a site visit and survey to be carried out at a convenient time. During the survey the following points would be addressed and discussed:
- Size of area to be served.
- Use of area to be served.
- Orientation and size of windows.
- Heat gain from lighting, equipment and occupants.
- Type of indoor unit most suitable, e.g. wall mounted, ceiling cassette etc.
- Location of outdoor units, e.g. in rear yard, on roof etc.
- Best route for interconnecting pipes and cables.
- Location of power distribution board.
- Other miscellaneous issues such as disruption, working hours, access arrangements etc.